Things to do:
- Book your flights. If you would like to travel with us, let us know and we will share our flight itinerary. Please plan on arriving in Barcelona on September 3. Airport taxis and vans can transport you to our hotel. Book your return flight for September 15.
- Forward your flight information to email@example.com
- Review the Travel Checklist below and obtain all required documents.
- Assemble your gear. A complete list of suggested equipment is attached.
- Remit the remainder of your trip payment, if not already paid in full, at least 60 days prior to departure (July 3). Please send a check to: Treks & Trails International, PO Box 121, Kleinfeltersville, Pa 17039
- Passport - passport should be valid for at least six months from start of trip.
- Airline tickets
- Drivers license/Photo Identification
- Major international credit cards (American Express, VISA, and MasterCard) and ATM card. All of our destinations provide ATM access.
- Notify your bank and credit card company that you will be traveling out of the country. (Most credit card companies will suspend your credit if they receive transactions from a foreign country and are un-aware that you are traveling.)
- Adapters for electrical items (most overseas locations have 220 volts, 50 Hz electricity).
- Check baggage size allowances with the airline you will be travelling.
- Pack essential items such as passport, money, eyewear, a change of clothing, and medications in your carry-on bag.
- Make sure prescription medicines are in clearly labeled containers.
Packing- Backpack and Travel Gear:
- It is generally a good idea to keep the overall weight of your clothing and equipment to a minimum. Please use the attached equipment list as a guide. Assemble you gear so that it fits in a small backpack and provides enough additional space to accommodate a lunch and snacks.
- Use a large duffel bag or travel case to contain your backpack, boots, trekking poles, etc. while traveling to and from our destination. Make sure this is clearly labeled with your name. This needs to conform to the weight and dimension restrictions specified by your airline.
- Gear for travel and town should include a change of clothes, shoes, shampoo and toiletries. We have made arrangements that your carry-on bag and this gear can remain in the hotel while we are trekking.
Equipment List for Carros de Foc:
- SYNTHETIC HIKING PANT
- SYNTHETIC HIKING SHORT
- MID-WEIGHT POLYPROPYLENE LONG UNDERWEAR TOP
- UNDERWEAR (BRIEFS) (2 PAIR RECOMMENDED)
- MID-WEIGHT FLEECE PULLOVER or WOOL SWEATER
- WATERPROOF/BREATHABLE RAIN JACKET
- WATERPROOF/BREATHABLE RAIN PANT
- WOOL OR SYNTHETIC HIKING SOCKS (2 pairs plus liners)
- RUNNING/CAMP SHOES (Optional. Crocs work great)
- HIKING BOOTS
- BASEBALL/SUN HAT
- WOOL or FLEECE HAT
- VERY LIGHTWEIGHT SLEEPING BAG or SILK LINER (Extra blankets are available at the Refugio)
- CAMERA AND BATTERIES (Optional)
- SMALL FLASHLIGHT OR HEADLAMP
- WATER BOTTLE(S)
- TOILETRY KIT (Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Moleskin, Personal Medications, Band Aids, Aspirin, Toilet Paper, Chap Stick, Wet Wipes, etc.)
- SUNGLASSES (wrap around are best)
- SUN SCREEN/BLOCK
- INSECT REPELLANT
- BOOK (Optional)
- SMALL CAMP TOWEL (Showers are available at some Refugio’s)
- LARGE DAYPACK / SMALL BACKPACK (2000 to 2500 cubic inches should be sufficient to accommodate your gear)
- LARGE DUFFLE BAG OR TRAVEL CASE (Large enough to hold all your gear while travelling)
- TRASH BAG LINER or WATERPROOF STUFF SACK (pack liner to protect your gear from rain)
- PACK COVER
- TREKKING POLES (Optional but recommended)
Things to Consider:
Wind chill can be a significant feature of your trip. Air temperatures are not very cold, but when the wind is constant you can be robbed of body heat quickly. Wind or rain gear is very important. Always test your layers before a trip. Your outer layer should fit easily over the inside ones without binding and bunching up.
Please give us a call or email if you have questions. Thank you.